Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

Wow, I am slacking big time on the blog front. Life has been busy! Last weekend The Husband was out of town visiting his grandparents, so I kept myself busy with various things. Friday night I hung out with my best gal pal and her two adorable sons. We had pizza and beer and watched Wife Swap and Super Nanny...a perfect Friday night. Saturday I was invited to a bridal shower for a family friend I have known my whole life. It was a really nice to visit with the family friends and also spend time with my Mom and Sister. That afternoon I took on the task of organizing our office. I cleared out the room, added decorative details and built a huge new bookshelf. It took me 6 hours, but I LOVE the results.

Sunday was the annual Earth Day Fair at Balboa Park in San Diego. I went down with my Mom, Sister and my Sisters friend Katie. It was an amazing day! The fair was incredible and I highly recommend it to anyone living in the area. It took up the entire park and there were thousands of people there. I took a lot of pics, here is a sampling:
Hippie Bus 
Just what Jesus would have done...
Katie and Shannon getting in the fountain to cool off. It was HOT!
It was very crowded, but fun :)
They were singing "Heal the Gyre"
Bamboo Bus!
Love the old architecture

My Mama and Obama!
Katie and Shannon

Then we headed to the Del Coronado Hotel. It was a beautiful day to be by the beach in a gorgeous landmark:


So Monday was back to reality. My boss is on vacation this week which means a LOT of work for me and mucho added stress. Plus I have 2 midterms and a paper due next week. :sigh: So that means back to studying for me!

1 comment:

  1. I love those kinds of festivals, it's why I odn't think I could ever leave the Seattle area... looks like you had a blast. Good luck with school :)

    ReplyDelete