Monday, February 2, 2009

The Steeler's did it!!


What a great game! The Husband and I headed over to my parents house for a fantastic Super Bowl party. We ate tons of junk food (pizza, salsa, ranch dip, 7 layer dip and spinach artichoke dip) and I made Cocoa Krispie footballs which turned out really yummy. Since they turned out so well I wanted to share the recipe:

CHOCOLATE FOOTBALL RICE KRISPIE TREATS
Ingredients:
6 squares Bakers
semi-sweet baking chocolate
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 tablespoon
margarine
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups of Rice Krispies OR Cocoa Pebbles
cereal
White decorating gel
Directions:
Microwave chocolate, corn syrup
and butter in large bowl on HIGH for 2 1/2 minutes. Stir well.
Add in
vanilla. Add cereal. Mix well.
Cool for 10 minutes.
Shape into 18 (3
inch long) football shapes with lightly moistened hands. Place on wax paper and
cool completely.
Use decorating gel to add laces. Let stand until laces are
firm.
Watching the game was really a blast. It was one of the best super bowls I have ever watched and that was only intensified by the fact my team was playing! I have been a Steeler's fan for about 5 or 6 years now. I proclaimed my fandom the year before Big Ben started playing. I never had a team to root for before the Steeler's (since we have no team in LA) so I have really enjoyed backing such a great organization. I have really come to appreciate the Rooney family as well as the coaching staff. I mean really, there is no better defensive coordinator than Dick LeBeau. I also love the hard hitting, defense based, physical football that they play. Luckily, The Husband was a also a big Steeler's fan and has been for most of his life. We look super cute when we are decked out in our Steeler gear wildly waiving our terrible towels and yelling at the TV.



The game last night almost induced a couple of anxiety attacks during the 4th quarter. I couldn't believe the Fitzgerald TD! I have learned to never ever count the Steeler's out though. Big Ben is awesome in the clutch and has very rarely failed to deliver. That last drive was AMAZING and the catch by Holmes will go down in super bowl history as one of the best receptions ever. As one sports reporter put it "The Immaculate Reception 2.0".



One of my favorite parts of the super bowl is watching the raw emotion at the end of the game. Seeing Hines Ward cry while holding his son just about put me over the edge. It was also great to see Mike Tomlin hoist the Lombardi trophy as the youngest head coach to ever win a super bowl.

Since we have been together the Steeler's have won 2 super bowls. I think we are their good luck charms :) It was a fantastic night in our house yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment