Friday, January 16, 2009

I'll admit it, I love trashy reality TV.

Like, really really love it. I can't justify this love in any way shape or form, but it is there. I was looking through my DVR last night and realized that I watch way too much TV, and most of it is crap.

I was addicted to the Hills, and now I have moved on to The City. Yes, I am eating up Whitney's new adventures in New York. Will she stay with Jay even though he is a bit of a douche? Will she do well at Dianne Von Furstenburg? Oh the DRAMA!

Then there is Wife Swap. Really, how can you NOT watch this train wreck? Parents who make their kids be pirates paired with a women who refuses to let her daughters look at or speak to a person of the opposite sex. More DRAMA!



I have to watch the staple, American Idol. Right now we get to sit and laugh at people that think they can sing but are really horrendous. It makes us sit and wonder "How has NO ONE told these people they are really really bad?" Then you find that one person with a sob story that you just have to root for. Will it be blind guy or the widower that we pull for as a nation (just to more than likely crush a few weeks into the live shows)? DRAMA!

I have also started watching the Real World again. How much of a teenage girl does this make me? The last couple season were good, but there were way too many blond bimbos and meat heads. This season we have more educated people, at least it seems like it so far. We have a gay guy dolphin trainer, a transgendered woman, a black beauty queen, and Iraq War vet, a body builder, a (very very very closeted gay) Mormon fashion designer and a dancer. I have a feeling this is going to be a GREAT season. A great season for DRAMA!



Of course, The Girls Next Door have to be set up to record on my DVR. 3 blondes vying for the affection of a really really old rich guy? Whats not to love?! I admit, I was a little sad when they all broke up. (DRAMA!)The world just wont be the same without this trashily awesome show. Although maybe they will incorporate the new blonde twins and keep it going! A girl can wish.


We also have the wonderfully mindboggling 17 Kids & Counting. Ah yes, the Duggar family. We have seen them make soap, go to the Creationism Museum, watched their older son Josh NOT date his fiance (or really even touch her for that matter) and even saw them pick out their 18th (good lord almighty) child's name. I just watch this show in wonderment, these people most be on a LOT of Prozac. Like, truckloads.

Think I am done? Think again! I also love The Amazing Race, 30 Days, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Project Runway, Tori & Dean, all those crazy specials on TLC (like Toddlers & Tiaras), Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International.

It really is a miracle my DVR doesn't grow arms, bitch slap me and tell me to get a life. I swear, I do occasionally watch intelligent programming. Maybe that is my saving grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment