Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Weekend of Movies and Family

The husband and I had a great, full weekend. My Aunt, Uncle and cousins were in town from Reno, NV. and we were able to spend some great quality time with them. We had a great family game night at my parents house on Friday night with pizza, Wii and Scategories. My family always has a blast when we get together, and Friday night was no exception. We are all officially addicted to Raving Rabbids TV Party on the Wii, that game is a BLAST. I highly recommend it.Saturday was rainy and gloomy, so we decided to see a movie with my family. The kids wanted to see Paul Blart: Mall Cop so we tagged along. The movie was actually better than I had expected. I think I was still twitching from the awfulness that was I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry and wasn't ready to see Kevin James in another movie. I wouldn't actually recommend you go and spend money to see this movie, but it might be fun for a brainless rental. The kids all loved it. (By kids I mean 14 and 16 LOL)

We then went to a fabulous dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. Its one of my favorite restaurants and I scarfed down a cheese quesidilla and a side salad. YUM.

Sunday was a day of laundry, grocery shopping and cleaning. We did manage to find a few hours to go and see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I will be honest, I wasn't very excited by this movie. I wanted to see it because it was nominated, but I wasn't enthusiastic about it. I was pleasantly surprised. This movie was actually fabulous! I didn't like it more than Slumdog Millionaire, but I really really liked it. The acting was good but the real stars were the special effects. I cannot believe how realistic the aging process was. Both Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett looked amazing as they grew younger and older, respectively. It did remind me quite a bit of Forrest Gump and I could tell that the two movies shared a screenwriter, but it didn't bother me as the story itself was so original. I think this is one worth seeing on the big screen because of the special effects, sets and overall feel.

The only snag in the perfect weekend was a flat tire on the husband's car. Sigh. Not sure if it was just something he ran over or if it was intentional. We have Obama stickers on our cars, so I can never quite get it out of my mind that someone was pissed off about it and slashed his tire. At least it was a tire that needed to be replaced anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment