Monday, March 23, 2009

Movies, Friends and Food

I had a fantastic weekend! It was just one of those weekends you really really do not want to end. I had a date night with The Husband, a day with friends, brunch with family and got a lot done around the house to boot! Plus I have stayed on track with my diet and have lost 4lbs so far. I am feeling pretty good right about now.

Friday night The Husband and I went to Red Robin for dinner (don't judge us, we had a coupon and they have awesome veggie burgers) and then out to see I Love You Man, which was fabulous. I needed a good, solid, funny movie, and this delivered. I think I have a little Paul Rudd crush blooming ;) (Sorry Husband!) I highly recommend this movie to anyone looking for a great comedy. As a fair warning there are some raunchy parts, but nothing over the top. Plus a little potty humor never hurt anyone, right? I happen to find it quite funny (because I am apparently a 13 year old girl).

Saturday The Husband was out of town, so I spent the day with my best girl friend, her kids and family. We headed out to the swap meet at the Orange County Fair Grounds and had a blast checking out all the fun, random stuff you find there. They were even having a karaoke contest, which is ALWAYS amusing. We got to have some good girl talk, which is always nice, and I love being able to see the kids. Her boys are the cutest (and biggest!) babies in the world. (I am not biased or anything) I am so lucky to have such great friends!


I was also able to get grocery shopping done on Saturday which included spending a lot of time in Whole Foods. I love the store. I wish I could afford to do all my shopping there and eat completely organic, but that is not feasible at this time. Right now I am trying to buy organic dairy and certain produce, which is a good start. I also picked up a little bit of fish for my non-veggie husband. He was stoked, I usually won't buy meat for him ;)Sunday we went to brunch with my Mom and Sister at Marmalade Cafe which just opened at The District in Tustin. We had eaten at the Grove location last year and LOVED it, so we were all very excited that there was a new, local location. The food there is superb! It is all organic as well, which is always nice. I had scrambled eggs with cheese and avocado, breakfast potatoes and 1/2 half a bottle of champagne. My mom and I finished a bottle by ourselves. Lets just say we were both plenty giggly after that! The Husband and my sister were certainly getting a kick out of us. Champagne or no champagne, I highly recommend Marmalade Cafe to those who enjoy a good Sunday brunch. I have not eaten lunch or dinner there, but I am sure that the food is awesome for those meals as well.
Sunday afternoon was productive and Sunday night relaxing. It was the perfect weekend and just what the Dr. ordered. Hope everyone else had great weekends as well!

1 comment:

  1. I am so psyched to see "I Love You, Man" - I'm glad to hear it delivered! Sign me up for a Paul Rudd crush as well - that boy is hilarious and goigeous! ^_^

    ReplyDelete